Thursday, September 13, 2007

Late Night Coffee Drinking as a Herald of Better Times

Having been plagued by health problems the last several months, I have not been able to write much on the subject of coffee lately. Indeed, my consumption of coffee has been limited to the odd cup of Tim Hortons at the local hospital. Because my breakfast drink usually consists of tea, coffee has not been high on my list of priorities lately.

But I have been feeling relatively well of late. So well in fact that, even though it is late evening as I write this, I decided to indulge in what has often been a passion of mine at this time of day: that of drinking coffee.

As a writer, I tend to do my best and most productive work late at night. What flights of euphoric creativity I have enjoyed tend to be fueled by liberal doses of coffee, which not only increases my alertness but also (I believe) my ability to express thoughts.

The particular brand of ground coffee that I am presently drinking is Nabob, which I believe is a definite cut above what I have been used to drinking. (I realize that my earlier blogs have asserted that most ground coffee purchased off the shelf possesses the same taste as any other comparable brand -- but one can't rule out the subjective element in these assessments either). Perhaps it is only the fact that I have not been drinking coffee lately, but I find myself enjoying the coffee more so than I have in quite some time.
Is it perhaps a sign of a return to good health, and an omen of better things to come?

No comments: