Tuesday, May 22, 2007

A Way to Get Free Coffee

Today, as I was browsing the web looking at the various coffee listings I noticed a sponsored link promising free coffee. Curious, I clicked on the ad, which led me to a web site promising up to $12,000 a month (or was it a week -- I can't recall) simply by making one minute presentations. Below their sales pitch they have created a form field for you to enter your personal information. I copied the picture you see here from their web site. I guess the idea is to get the viewer to associate a happy, beautiful woman drinking coffee with one's own sad, pathetic life.

To me any company or individual making statements like this one is probably promoting a scam of some kind, if not actually engaging in fraud (which is of course a serious crime in most countries). We should always remember the old adage: If it sounds too good to be true, it probably isn't true at all. But at least marketing schemes like this one give us something to laugh at during our idle moments, when we are not too busy figuring out ways to make money ourselves.

No comments: