Sunday, May 20, 2007

A Minor Coffee Catastrophe

The sound of the phone ringing got me out of bed this morning. I had been partying a little bit the night before, and I was somewhat dazed from the after-effects. The phone call was from a buddy of mine who has been having some health problems. After commiserating with him for a while, I made my way to the kitchen in a semi-conscious state looking for some coffee. With one hand I opened the refrigerator and with the other I attempted to get a hold of the coffee container. But like a wilful child with a mind of its own the coffee container (a large glass jar with a metal lid) eluded my grasp and crashed to the floor, scattering blue mountain coffee and broken glass in every direction. Laboriously I swept up the mess and tossed it into the garbage. I drank some left-over Maxwell House instead.

No comments: