Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Herbal Tea a Change from the Everyday

Yesterday an acquaintance of mine called Mathew very kindly provided some herbal tea for me to sample.
The tea in question was called Spiced Apple Cider and had originally been a gift to Mathew, who told me that it had been originally purchased from a specialty store called Teavana, which has outlets in the Mississauga area at such retail venues as Square One and Erin Mills Town Centre.

I had the tea for the first time at home last night. I found the tea to be to be quite refreshing, though it could have been improved with the addition of a tea infuser. As it was the taste was hampered somewhat by the presence of tea dregs floating in the top of the cup. I did manage to get rid of most of the stuff with a spoon, however.

I must admit that for the most part I drink very little herbal tea. This has resulted in me possessing quite a collection of the stuff. I guess you could call me a black tea kind of guy. Nevertheless, I do welcome a change in my diet from time to time, and I think it is good idea to have some on hand should a guest ask for it.

My one concern about the herbal teas I have is that I am not sure how long the tea will last before it reaches the expiry date. I will definitely  need to look into this further.
 

No comments: