Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Cafe's Gift Baskets A Holiday Tradition New to the Chronicler

With the help of Peruvian coffee (the last of the batch Destination Cafe gave me in September), I have had a wakeful and fairly productive night. Early this morning, I received an e-mail from my boss Shirley H. containing detailed information about their holiday gift baskets. These baskets come in various sizes and range in price from $20.00 to about $40.00. These gift baskets have become a holiday tradition at Destination Cafe, which has been in business for more than five years now. Every year, I think about purchasing one of these products to try at home. Every year, something else takes priority. But now the time has finally come for me to sample what Destination Cafe has to offer.

So it was that I e-mailed the cafe early this morning before dawn detailing my desire to purchase two of the more moderately-priced gift baskets for $25.00 each. I asked the folks at the cafe to make sure that the coffee in one of the baskets was ground for a French Press, the other to be ground for use by a regular coffee maker (I plan to present my sister with that gift basket for Christmas). Because I don't drive, I also asked that the packages be delivered to my home at a mutually-agreeable time. Needless to say, I promise to keep readers posted about how the delivery process progresses over the next few days.

Readers can purchase their own gift baskets (the Corporate version of which is comparable to the one pictured above) by e-mailing the cafe with their orders at service@destinationcafe.ca or by calling Destination Cafe at (905)486-0148. In the e-mail sent to me, the cafe promises local delivery before Christmas if you act soon and live in the Mississauga area. Look for more Holiday posts reviewing the gift baskets from this site soon!

No comments: