Saturday, May 22, 2010

A Toast to Chocolate in all its Incarnations

On certain special days I like to make myself a hot cup of chocolate. The brand I particularly favour is Nestle Carnation Hot Chocolate mix (with marshmallows). Once I add hot water, I like to top it up with evaporated milk. This gives it an especially creamy taste that is almost unequalled (except for possibly the taste of a strawberry milkshake on a hot summer's day).

Chocolate is indeed a special food. I have a very particular preference for it. The problem is most chocolate foods have a high degree of sugar in them, which causes all kinds of health problems, including weight gain and diabetes.

Nevertheless, I regard chocolate as a kind of "miracle food" that is almost without parallel in terms of its composition and effect on the human nervous system. Its unique and glorious taste finds favour with young and old alike, in almost all circumstances. The forms and variations of chocolate virtually exceed estimation. Chocolate is constantly finding a new fan base with every new generation.


No comments: