Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Notes on my Tea and Coffee-Drinking Habit

I have been drinking a lot more coffee lately. Perhaps it is because of the increased freshness and antioxidants in the Kicking Horse coffee, which as I've already mentioned is organically grown and certified to be fair trade. Whatever the reasons, I do in fact believe that I am feeling more healthy and vigorous. The negative after-effects, such as nervousness and irritability, are absent for the most part. My mental alertness is also on the increase.

Coffee is a real mainstay for someone like me who is accustomed to burning the midnight oil. Coffee helps me think and work far more effectively than would be the case without it. The only thing I have to be careful about is drinking it too late at night, as this tends to keep me awake long after I want to be.

Between tea and coffee I drink about ten cups of the stuff daily. Some might see this as a health concern, but so far I've seen little reason to be concerned. Let's face it, a caffeine high is one of the few legal ways to get stimulated in society these days. There is also little doubt in my mind that it also aids me in my quest for increased mental performance.

If there is a downside to all this, it is my tendency to suffer anxiety, whether it be social or work related. I guess it is a trade-off, whatever way one sees it. The more thinking one does, the more problems one notices in life.

Still, for now I wouldn't want it any other way. Life should be lived at the highest potential possible. Any other way and you might as well be either sleeping or dead.

No comments: