Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Coffee and Computers Indispensible to Each Other

In the middle of pulling another all-nighter today. Is now well into the morning, close to the time when the businesses will be open for the day. Looks like another beautiful day today; the sun is out and there is a fresh breeze in the air.

Have been struggling with my computer of late. Time to buy a new one. The one I have is over five years old and seems to be on its last legs. It is very slow and unresponsive and gives a number of error messages from time to time. All this is seriously impeding my computer time: To compensate for it I find myself drinking a good deal of Rockstar (and lately a drink called Monster) Energy Drinks. This morning I switched to coffee, something I haven't done lately but is something to which I have been looking forward. I found an unopened bag of finely ground coffee in the freezer a few days back and have been curious as to its taste. The result was not bad, though a bit watery (must have added too much water to the coffee maker).

All this caffeine has made me exceptionally ambitious; I decided to brave the perils of my ailing computer and post a note on the Chronicles. By the time I post another, I will have (I hope) purchased another computer and completed setting it up. The amount of time involved will be doubtless considerable, but it will be worth it.

So as June 2011 comes to a beginning I close a chapter of sorts on the Cafe Chronicles. One hundred and seventy-seven blogs have been written on this computer, a computer that has served its purpose extremely well, in my opinion. May the new computer turn out to be as productive and time-saving as the old one has been in its day.

No comments: