Sunday, October 3, 2010

Baileys Irish Cream Spices Up Afternoon Coffee

Note to the Reader: I am in the middle of pulling one of my legendary all-nighters at the moment. My friend Dave F. dropped by yesterday afternoon for conversation, coffee and chess, not necessarily in that order. He brought along a couple of treats, including a small bottle of Bailey's Irish Cream liqueur and some blueberry muffins. We had a very agreeable time drinking coffee, talking and playing chess (it was a draw, with each of us winning a game). Dave is an old friend of mine from my Port Credit days; I have known him at least ten years now. Oddly enough, I first made friends with Dave in a coffee shop located not far from the apartment building in which we both lived. Dave works for Home Depot in the warehouse, where part of his responsibilities include placing stock on the shelves of the giant store in front.

Having become somewhat stimulated by the party-like atmosphere of the day, I spent the night watching movies on television and listening to CBC Radio Two. I also played a couple of chess games on the computer, none of which got beyond the twentieth move. I also switched to tea from coffee during this time, having long since run out of Irish Cream.


No comments: