Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Club Coffee a Refreshing Break from the Ordinary

A few weeks ago I attended a barbecue at a friend's home. I enjoyed the event; both the company and food was good. Not being much of a drinker, however, I asked my hostess Nicole if I could have some coffee after having enough beer.

So there I was, sitting outside on a fine summer's evening, enjoying my coffee and the fresh night air. The coffee was so good, I asked Nicole what kind it was. Not only did she show me, she gave me a couple of packets to take home.

The coffee in question is called Club Coffee, and bills itself as 100 per cent Colombian. I tried to do an Internet search on it today, but I failed to come up with any references. All I know is that it is made by Nestle, a multinational company based in Switzerland.

In spite of the fact that the coffee has been already ground and has been sitting in my freezer for a number of weeks, the beverage was not disappointing. It has a mellow taste, slightly acidic but not too bitter.

It seems to me that my friend Nicole said that the coffee in question came from Tim Horton's, a Canadian franchise that specializes in serving coffee. I am not sure of this, but the next time I am near Tim Horton's I will investigate.

No comments: